Friday, December 7, 2007

Why is a Pepperpot in my Clue Deck?

This a weird thing to rant about and don't I know it, but you see, I have a conundrum. More like a what the...? actually.
My family owns a game of Clue, the famous board game from parker brothers. Now the good old boys of parker brothers seem to like to come out with a new 'edition' of this illustrious who done it. But MY families edition, came out around mid-late 90's the 'pistol' didn't look well..normal. I mean, lets go over the classic stereotypical most common pistol types.
Flintlock AKA Pirate Pistol, common to Treasure Island and movies based on theme park rides created by well known antisemites...(BREATH!) rip-offs.
Revolver or Cowboy Movie Pistol. The first effective repeating pistol, this gun, did some major ass woopin' on many an old western movie set. Also common among members of the Fictional City police.
Semi-automatic or Automatic pistol. Despite the movie love of calling those square chunks of metal 'automatic' there are few true automatic pistols on the market. It would be wasteful anyway, what's the freaking being able to shoot 900 rounds a minute if you run out in...well zip. Less then in fact.
Anyway there is another kind of pistol. Its called a 'pepperpot' pistol. Why? I don't know. All I know is its the goofiest name for a deadly weapon (is there any other kind?) I have ever heard of. It's also, most impotently, not in Earthlings Stereotypical Guide to Pistol Type Gunnery and Assorted Hardware. Its obscure, damn obscure. If I type Automatic pistol in the image search on Google (all hail the Google!) I get 122,000 hits, revolver pistol, 91,000 hits, flintlock 42,600. For the pepperpot pistol? And this is with the quotations off folks, 226. By Google standards that is nearly zip, nothing, nit, bupkis. And only about 5 of the pictures are OF pepperpot pistols.
We are talking serious obscurity levels. So why is it in the game? Was the Vice president of Clue Weapon Design at parkers brothers a collector or something? Its not just the card, the little metal piece is also a pepperpot. Now, this has got to be the worlds stupidest rant EVER, but it still puzzles me. If you have the answer, and you read this blog,(the chances are Astronomically low, I know) then please write and tell me.Put a comment on this peice, Please I beg you (actully, I beg for comments on any post) I would love to know why. please tell me, I can't get to sleep at night, it haunts me! please tell me, please! *sob!*

No comments: